Women in Security and Privacy (WISP) Online Event, August 12, 2020, Alyssa Coley – Moderator “Data Privacy in the Age of COVID-19”
Atheria Law’s Alyssa Coley is moderating a WISP online event on August 12, 2020 with co-lead Selena Rice (UC, San Francisco), “Data Privacy in the Age of COVID-19.” The panel features cybersecurity and privacy professionals from Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) discussing how to stay safe online in a world where more people are working from home. The program will cover three areas relevant to online security and privacy and will conclude with a live Q&A session.
1. Digital Hygiene and Self-care
2. Ed Tech & Social Media Monitoring
3. Biometric Surveillance and COVID Tracing
Date and Time
Wednesday, August 12, 2020
7:30 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
Daly Barnett, EFF
Lindsay Oliver, EFF
Mariel García-Montes, MIT
Register for the online seminar here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/data-privacy-in-the-age-of-covid-19-tickets-114620511034
WISP is a non-profit organization focused on the advancement of women in privacy and security. The organization’s four key initiatives include:
1. Education: Help women identify and achieve the level of education and skills required to succeed in security and privacy positions across multiple industries.
2. Mentoring & Networking: Foster a community for knowledge-sharing, collaboration, mentorship, and networking.
3. Advancement: Support the career advancement of women in security and privacy.
4. Leadership: Increase thought leadership by women in security and privacy.